Causes and treatment of male infertility
Many people believe that the reasons for the lack of children in the family are rooted in female infertility. It’s not true. Male infertility is the reason for the lack of children in 40-50% of childless families. Incompatibility pairs or genetic incompatibility is the cause in 15% of cases. Seven percent of men are infertile due to violation of secretion of seminal fluid or sperm creation. People with abnormalities of the deferent ducts are in the 7%.
For description of male infertility, we divide all the process factors and causes. Pathology of sperm in deferent ducts, seminal fluid are some of the factors. Each of them can have its own mechanism of development. Disease, trauma genital organs, hormonal system disorders are causes of infertility. These reasons are responsible for the development factors.
Factors of male infertility
The obturation of the deferent ducts
The sperm formed in the testes. But the final maturation occurs in the tubules of the epididymis. After which the motile sperm are in the ejaculatory ducts and the seminal vesicles and stored there until ejaculation. A blockage in any part of the route leads to the inability to release sperm. The squeezing and bonding of deferent ducts is common types of obstruction.
Some of the symptoms of obstruction are characteristic:
– absence of sperm in the ejaculate but their presence in the testicles;
– absence of ejaculate;
– pain during ejaculation.
Its mechanism resembles an allergic reaction to foreign cells (sperm). The cells of the immune system attacking the sperm. The suspicion of incompatibility occurs when one or both spouses have children. The diagnosis is made after a complete examination men and women.
Disorders of secretion
The reasons for such violations are varied. Any cause leads to one or several factors, of which the majority of sperm reaches the egg. Resulting in fertilization is impossible or unlikely.
Some factors of infertility are called directly:
– a small number of sperm in the ejaculate;
– pathology of the structure of the sperm;
– immobility or disease in the movement of the sperm;
– high mortality of sperm.
Causes of male infertility
The causes of obstruction
Inflammatory processes in the epididymis are the most common cause. The swelling and sealing of soft tissues always accompanies the inflammation. Because of this full or partial compression or squashing of VAS deferens can occur. Injury as a result of physical external impact or failure of the operation are less common cause. Also foreign body can block the duct.
Various neoplasms can cause obstruction most often. More rare causes are infectious diseases (tuberculosis, syphilis). Another less common male infertility the cause of pathology development. For example, congenital absence of VAS deferens or testicular appendages.
The causes of the violations of secretion
A lot of them, since sperm production involves a large number of glands of internal secretion. The violation of at least one iron affects the quality of semen immediately.
- Chemotherapy. Violation of sperm creation is one of the consequences of dangerous medical procedures. The oncologist needs to arrange this in advance. As infertility is a serious reason for the failure of chemotherapy.
- Sexually transmitted diseases. The defeat of the testicles and other glands of the reproductive system is typical for many sexually transmitted diseases. Gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, syphilis treat such diseases.
- Varicocele is a violation of the outflow of venous blood. It develops in one testicle initially moves to the second later in the absence of treatment. Nutrition reproductive glands deteriorate with varicocele due to stagnant processes, resulting in the production of sperm decreases.
- Diseases of the reproductive system. Neoplasms, genetic diseases, diabetes, inflammatory diseases of testicles and their appendages lead to disruption of the reproduction of sperm. Most of these diseases are treated.
- The reception of harmful substances. Alcohol and drugs belong to this group of causes in the first place. Often alcoholics and drug addicts suffer from violation of the reproduction of sperm and lack of erection additionally. The steroids and antibiotic use lead to the same result.
Causes of infertility can be very many. Yet among them are stress, various deficiency diseases, severe physical stress, improper diet. The reproductive system responds to system disturbances in the body first.